
I was watching the Japanese anime Monster and somehow got to thinking about the module. The theme of the series is not as much about being bad as it’s about being horrific. Evil, even. I thought I’d mention something about it anyway.
A key point in the story lies in three warped little tales, from children’s books. The message that they give you is that life is essentially bad. That you can’t escape the evil in yourself or in others and it will consume your life. No matter how good you try to be, you’re still bad. And it doesn’t matter if you sacrifice your happiness to do the right thing because in the end, regardless of your choices, you will lose.
How’s THAT for depressive?
I don’t necessarily agree, but the perspective that the reason why we do the crazy things we do, is derived from some kind of essential “badness” … is still interesting. Is it human “nature” to corrupt and destroy ourselves and our surroundings?
Here are the stories:
The monster without a name
The troubled God
The person with the big eyes
No comments:
Post a Comment