So I googled ’adultery’ and somewhere among the 6,800,000 hits I found the BBC Science and Nature: The Human Body and Soul: adultery test. Ten questions, some of which did not really make sense to me – why would it matter whether or not I enjoy horror movies (which I DO!)? I’m still kind of half-wickedly pleased with the result though. According to BBC I’m sort of moderately bad, but in control of my selfish desires. Go me…
You rate as: Medium risk promiscuity:
"This group have promiscuous tendencies though they have control over these impulses. They might be more self-absorbed than average, can tend to ignore the feelings of others and will have limited social and personal conscientiousness. However they value and rely on their partner and are aware of the risk of giving up all they have in their relationship by succumbing to their desires.”
Peculiar psychology-tests aside… I think it comes down to the fact that people do not want to be lied to. We don’t want to feel excluded, but safe and wanted. We built this whole institution of family and it is (at least for most of us) based on the idea of monogamy. That’s why it’s being bad to do this to someone that relies on you not to have to feel cheated. And it is bad. Very Bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment