http://writingfromdesolationrow.blogspot.com/2009/04/homosexuality.html
I agree that it’s unfortunate. Homophobia makes me tired and upset and I fail to see what the problem is. It’s not like the world is under-populated and we need to breed like rabbits to save humankind.
And okay, religion… there’s what, two or three sentences in the bible that condemns men having sex with each other? If I’m not completely mistaken one is in Leviticus, the same part that tells us to detest animals that walk on their paws or live in water and does not have fins or scales (don’t see many protesters against the shrimp-population, now do we?) and one is in the New Testament followed more or less directly by “do not judge”. As for Sodom and Gomorrah; Lot threw his virgin daughters to the rapists to protect a guest. And that’s a morally justifiable exchange?
If people want to believe in the bible, fine. But there is no need to be ignorant about what is actually in it.
To x Nic x reply to Jordan’s post, about homosexual acts being forced on people through the media - change the channel. And about same-sex couples holding hands or kissing in public… is people loving each other really that offensive? Maybe we should be happy that there is love and lust in the world and worry about constantly being confronted with all the “not-love”, the violence and wars and corruption and poverty. Homophobia, sexism, racism… I could go on forever.
But I won’t. The fact that there is so much hate surrounding one of the best things about humanity – our ability to actually care about each other and fall in love… it’s just moronic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A good point well made :)
ReplyDelete